Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday Tales: Daily Food of a Consultant

My laptop seems to work again and this is why I can publish again weekly! This week started with a Caesar Salad from the hotel we stayed in. On Tuesday there was good old Spaghetti from the Post canteen which is directly opposite of our office location in Frechen near to Cologne. On Wednesday I was able to taste delicious Schnitzel (the real one made of veal). I am very happy that we get daily per diems... otherwise I would not pay this price for two pieces of meat ;). Thursday was bureau office day. I was close to Frankfurt (Eschborn) and in my office, trying a new snack stand which sold this currywurst. 
Currywurst (German pronunciation: [ˈkœʁiˌvʊʁst]) is a fast food dish of German origin consisting of steamed, then fried pork sausage (Wurst) cut into slices and seasoned with curry ketchup, regularly consisting of ketchup or tomato paste blended with generous amounts of curry powder, or a ready-made ketchup-based sauce seasoned with curry and other spices. However, I think this specific type from this snack stand made me very sick... ending even in a non picture for Saturday due to a diet only containing of saltsticks and apple sauce. Apple sauce? yes true - I searched quite a while until I tried apple sauce and bananas which helped pretty well: Click for info. Don't worry, I did not forget Friday! On Friday I tried another "used to" meal with Spaghetti - which did not really help and Saturday, like I said, was skipped when it comes to food. Sunday, after not really eating anything, we ran a five kilometer race ("Lauf für mehr Zeit") to support the HIV-support Frankfurt. Good preparation for going to Belgium next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment